Friday, November 5, 2010

Bonnard

The artist noted in his diary on 14 February 1939:
Observe nature, and work on the canvas, indicating the colours: the climate of the work transcends all else. For Bonnard, art was the result of a deeply personal experience, a perpetual dialogue in harmony with nature
Pierre Bonnard
Bonnard is one of my favorite artist. the Les Nabis Artists-"In the palm of your hand, my word and thoughts" En ta paume, mon verbe et ma pensee

I love this quote, I have problems translating what I want to say, my art seems to do what my mouth doesn't, but I find that other artist (most of the time) translate what my mind is thinking.
Many years ago I entered one of my paintings in a show, Mary Todd Beam was the judge. I was amazed when she talked about my painting, it was like she entered my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment